Food additives treatment inside soaking tanks
with loading system by means of telescopic pipe
- Multi-product: Flying-squid (tubes, rings) octopus (whole, tentacles).
- Homogeneity of the product 365 days a year.
- Maximum yield of the treated product.
- High quality end product.
- Registration and traceability of the process.
- Easy handling.
- Easy maintenance and cleaning.
- Safe and reliable system.
We are specialized in the design and manufacture of equipment focused on the treatment of cephalopods in tanks with the dissolution of additives. Our lines are adjusted to the production and specific needs of each project, adapting to the space available in the factory.
Thanks to their efficient design, the cost of processing the product is minimized due to the reduction of labor, yield losses, and electrical and water consumption.
Components of the system
Tanques de tratamiento semicirculares, Mod. JM-040
- Suitable for a wide range of products.
- Easy cleaning and maintenance.
- 1 single operator to operate the system.
- Fully automated cycles.
Semi-circular soaking tank loading system consisting of:
- Cylindrical tank with conical bottom, with pipe
discharge by means of vacuum system.
- Product weight control for accumulation and
premixing of product with dissolution of additives.
- Telescopic pipe for transfering and loading the
Soaking tanks loading system with telescopic pipe
- The operator activates the accumulation tank weighing system.
- He selects on the control panel display the treatment tank to be filled.
- The operator selects the total weight of product required to fill that tank.
- The operator selects the appropriate treatment recipe for the product on the control panel.
Phase 2 (a) :
- Once the system is programmed, the product transfer (loading) conveyor (*) transfers the product into the tank.
- When the weight of the batch of product inside the accumulation tank reaches the desired value, the control system stops the loading conveyor.
- The accumulation tank weighing system will automatically weigh the product batch until the programmed total weight is reached.
Phase 2 (b):
- In this tank, the product is pre-mixed with water and a solution of additives that is added in a controlled manner.
- The system transfers into the accumulation tank the amount of water and food additive solution required for the appropriate mixture for the programmed treatment process. The litres of water and solution are controlled by flow meters.
- The batch of product mixed with the water and additive solution is transferred by the vacuum conveying system through the pipeline to the pre-selected treatment tank.
- The vacuum conveying system sucks all the product and the liquid stored in the accumulation tank into the suction tank of the vacuum system and pushes it through the telescopic pipe to the pre-selected treatment tank.
- For this purpose, the discharge mouth of the telescopic pipe will have been previously positioned, in order to discharge over the treatment tank preselected by the operator.
- Once the product mixed with the water and the dissolution of additives has been transferred, the treatment process begins inside the treatment tank that has been filled.
- Once the treatment process has been completed, the contents of the tank (product with water and additive solution) are emptied through the discharge manifold.
- The discharge manifold is integrated with the vacuum conveying system for transfer to the next process step (*).
(*) This equipment is not shown in the 3D illustration.
Control and traceability
Cephalopod Treatment Control System
The new information system of the treatment process is a software developed by JOSMAR®, specifically designed for each project, which integrates the parameter setting and control of:
- The product loading and unloading system in the soaking tanks.
- The integral operation of the soaking tanks.
- Enables the control of each phase.
- Real-time data collection.
- Traceability of the process.
- Possibility of integration with an ERP or other production management software.
Control of tanks loading conveyors
Tank selection to carry out the process
- Selection of tank number for filling with product, water and additive dilution.
- Opening/closing of the product diversion system to load the selected tank.
Weight control for product loading in each tank.
- Selection of the weight required for filling the selected tank.
- Scale control.
- Display of the last weighing of the scale.
- Display of the total amount of product loaded in each tank.
- Display of the total amount of product sent.
- Display of the total amount of product sent to all the tanks. Total, production.
Operational control of soaking tanks
The user interface clearly and precisely presents only what is needed at each control and information point.
- Configuration of treatment recipes.
- Selection of the treatment recipe: cycle time, stirring periods with paddles, air bubbling and rest.
- Adjustment of the stirring speed with paddles: RPM.
- Adjustment of stirring/rest periods: duration and frequency.
- Manual stirring push button.
- Adjustment of air blowing/bubbling periods: duration and frequency.
- Option of manual modification of the selected process configuration.
Control functions of the treatment process.
- Information on the operating status of each tank.
- Tank status data.
- Filling with water. Water valve open pilot light.
- Water temperature inside the tank.
- Agitation pilot running.
- Air blower. Bubbling system. Pilot blowing in progress.
- End of treatment process. Stop pilot.
Control of the emptying of the treatment tank.
- Emptying valve opening. Pilot emptying valve closed/open.
Traceability of the treatment process
The control system records and stores all process data for process traceability
Users can view the data in a tabular report.
- Production batch. Date and time.
- Selected treatment recipe.
- Product quantity. Weighing data from the tank-loading system.
- Quantity of water and additive dilution.
- Process duration.
- Agitation periods with paddles and rest. RPM of the paddles.
- Air bubbling and rest periods.
- Temperature of the water in the tank.
Visit our projects virtually
Browse other products
Enter your search in the top left box or choose a process or species. The results will appear dynamically.
We are specialists in the design, manufacture and installation of complete solutions for the processing of fish, seafood and cephalopods since 1976.
We have been serving international fishing fleets and fish, seafood and cephalopod processing industries for over 40 years and have become industry leaders worldwide.
Today we have extended our know-how to other industries such as meat, poultry, horticulture and fruit.
Need more info?
Please fill in the following form and we will contact you as soon as possible. You can also contact us at: