Food additives treatment in soaking tanks with tanks loading system with Hopper scale & horizontal conveyor with diverters
- Multi-product: Flying-squid (tubes, rings) octopus (whole, tentacles).
- Homogeneity of the product 365 days a year.
- Maximum yield of the treated product.
- High quality end product.
- Registration and traceability of the process.
- Easy handling.
- Easy maintenance and cleaning.
- Safe and reliable system.
We are specialized in the design and manufacture of equipment focused on the treatment of cephalopods in tanks with the dissolution of additives. Our lines are adjusted to the production and specific needs of each project, adapting to the space available in the factory.
Thanks to their efficient design, the cost of processing the product is minimized due to the reduction of labor, yield losses, and electrical and water consumption.
Components of the system
Semicircular soaking tanks, Mod. JM-040
- Suitable for a wide range of products.
- Easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Fully automated cycles.
- 1 operator only.
Loading and unloading system for soaking tanks with hopper scale and conveyor with diverters:
- Hopper type scale for batch weighing.
- Distribution conveyor.
- Elevator conveyors.
- Conveyor with diverters.
Loading and unloading systems for soaking tanks, with "hopper" scale and conveyor with diverters.
- The operator starts the “Hopper” scale and selects on the control panel display the soaking tank to be filled.
- The operator selects the total weight of product required to fill that tank.
- Once the system is programmed, the extraction conveyor from the accumulation tank (*) transfers the product to the hopper scale.
- When the weight of the batch of product on the hopper scale reaches the desired value, the control system stops the tank extraction conveyor.
- The hopper scale will automatically weigh batches of product until the programmed total weight is reached.
- The product batches are discharged onto a horizontal conveyor with diverters, which transports them to the previously selected treatment tank, transferring them into the tank by means of a pneumatically operated diverter.
- This operation is repeated as many times as necessary until the total amount of product to be loaded into the treatment tank is completed.
- Once all the product has been discharged into the treatment tank, the product diverter will return to its initial position and the conveyor will stop until another loading cycle begins again.
(*) Equipment not shown in the 3D illustration.
Control and Traceability
Cephalopod treatment control system
The new information system of the treatment process is a software developed by JOSMAR®, specifically designed for each project, which integrates the parameter setting and control of:
- The product loading and unloading system in the soaking tanks.
- The integral operation of the soacking tanks.
- Enables the control of each phase.
- Real-time data collection.
- Traceability of the process.
- Possibility of integration with an ERP or other production management softwares.
Control of tanks loading conveyors
Tank selection to carry out the process
- Selection of tank number for filling with product, water and additive dilution.
- Opening/closing of the product diversion system to load the selected tank.
Weight control for product loading in each tank.
- Selection of the weight required for filling the selected tank.
- Scale control.
- Display of the last weighing of the scale.
- Display of the total amount of product loaded in each tank.
- Display of the total amount of product sent.
- Display of the total amount of product sent to all the tanks. Total, production.
Operational control of soaking tanks
The user interface clearly and precisely presents only what is needed at each control and information point.
- Configuration of treatment recipes.
- Selection of the treatment recipe: cycle time, stirring periods with paddles, air bubbling and rest.
- Adjustment of the stirring speed with paddles: RPM.
- Adjustment of stirring/rest periods: duration and frequency.
- Manual stirring push button.
- Adjustment of air blowing/bubbling periods: duration and frequency.
- Option of manual modification of the selected process configuration.
Control functions of the treatment process.
- Information on the operating status of each tank.
- Tank status data.
- Filling with water. Water valve open pilot light.
- Water temperature inside the tank.
- Agitation pilot running.
- Air blower. Bubbling system. Pilot blowing in progress.
- End of treatment process. Stop pilot.
Control of the emptying of the treatment tank.
- Emptying valve opening. Pilot emptying valve closed/open.
Traceability of the treatment process
The control system records and stores all process data for process traceability
Users can view the data in a tabular report.
- Production batch. Date and time.
- Selected treatment recipe.
- Product quantity. Weighing data from the tank-loading system.
- Quantity of water and additive dilution.
- Process duration.
- Agitation periods with paddles and rest. RPM of the paddles.
- Air bubbling and rest periods.
- Temperature of the water in the tank.
Visit our projects virtually
Browse other products
Enter your search in the top left box or choose a process or species. The results will appear dynamically.
We are specialists in the design, manufacture and installation of complete solutions for the processing of fish, seafood and cephalopods since 1976.
We have been serving international fishing fleets and fish, seafood and cephalopod processing industries for over 40 years and have become industry leaders worldwide.
Today we have extended our know-how to other industries such as meat, poultry, horticulture and fruit.
Need more info?
Please fill in the following form and we will contact you as soon as possible. You can also contact us at: